The Healthy Families program offers parents of newborns the ability to build on their strengths through regular in-home visits. Program Information Brochure (click here)
What kind of support does the Healthy Families program offer?
For the parent:
- Providing education about your baby’s needs and developmental milestones.
- Teaching you what will change as your baby grows.
- Helping you feel more secure about how to look after your baby and feel better about yourself.
- Advocating for your family’s needs to other community agencies.
- Monitoring the growth and development of your baby.
- Offering connections with other community supports and programs.
Who can access the Healthy Families program?
- Parents of newborns under the age of three months old.
- Parents referred to the program by a public health nurse.
- Residents of our designated service areas.
How can you access the Healthy Families Program?
- Referrals to our program must be made through your public health nurse.
- You can find the public health nurse nearest you by calling Health Link Alberta at (403) 943-LINK (5465)
We help parents be the best that they can be.
For more information on the Healthy Families Program at the Children's Cottage please call:
Manager, Healthy Families
403-283-4200 ext. 258